Neutral Tin-Zinc Alloy Barrel Plating for RPC
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
DIPSOL SZ-242 Barrel is a neutral tin-zinc alloy plating process, designed to produce highly corrosion resistant coatings, excellent solderability and ductility. Unlike processes based on the use of cyanide, fluoborate, and pyrophosphate, the SZ-240/242 System is much easier to control and maintain, and produces alloy deposits with a high degree of uniformity.
- SZ-240/242 System will deposit a 70% tin, 30% zinc alloy. Other compositions are available through changes in operating variables
- High corrosion resistance to salt water and sulfur dioxide
- Maintains high corrosion resistance even after hard crimping and bending
- Excellent solderability even after aging for several months
- SZ-240/242 System being neutral, can be safely applied to sensitive electronic components and glass to metal seals with no attack to the glass. Safe to use. Will not corrode equipment and is simple to waste treat